The Post-Op Pediatric Clinical Simulation is a virtual interactive game, designed to augment the teaching of postoperative and pediatric assessment skills. With this resource, learners will 'practice' skills, techniques and critical thinking in a virtual environment.
By replicating a real-life situation in a virtual simulation, users can practice their skills in a realistic setting and make clinical decisions within a safe environment. The virtual interactive game has the potential to improve the learners’ retention of knowledge and promote active learning, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Upon successfully working through the modules and the simulation, you will be able to:
- Complete an evidenced-based post-operative assessment of a pediatric patient.
- Apply pediatric pain management care to a post-operative patient.
- Apply therapeutic communication to facilitate family centered care.
- Administer IV medications to a pediatric patient.
How it Works
Watch an interaction between the nurse, Sasha and his mom. Then watch the video options provided. Once you have reviewed all the videos please select the most appropriate response.
Your decisions will be scored: if you get it right the first time you get 100 points, if it takes more the one attempt the points decrease. A perfect game score is 1700.
Please note that:
- The game can be paused and resumed at any time.
- You can repeat this game numerous times for practice and improved responses.
- This game has sound. Adjust your volume accordingly.
- The game makes use of high resolution online videos. For the optimal experience please make sure that you are connected to high-speed Internet.
- The game will take up to 60 minutes to complete.